HERSCHER HIGH SCHOOL LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS
Albert A. & Elizabeth Wheeler Mau Memorial Scholarship - Agriculture/public college or junior college. Committee will choose the winner.
Alumni Scholarship- Any Herscher High School senior whose parent or grandparent attended Herscher High School. Deadline: April 1.
Bob and Thelma Webber Scholarship - Two $500 scholarships, funded by the family, are given to students who will be going into the business or secretarial field. This scholarship honors Thelma Webber, who was a HHS secretary from 1957 - 1999 and Bob Webber, who has kept score for multiple sports at HHS from 1965 -present. Deadline: April 1.
Bonfield Lions Award - HHS students who demonstrated good academic achievement, volunteered, and was involved in extra-curricular activities. Deadline: April 1.
Caitlin Poppie Memorial Scholarship- In memory of the late Caitlin Poppie, her family is proud to honor her memory by offering a $750 scholarship to a deserving graduating senior volleyball player who exhibits the same love for the game that Caitlin truly lived for. Deadline: April 8.
Christopher Sims Memorial Scholarship - In memory of Christopher Sims, his family sponsors a four-year renewable school scholarship to a student who will be attending an Illinois Public University. The scholarship will be determined by a selection committee based on the following: Academics, Character, Citizenship, Financial Need, and School Involvement. Deadline: March 13.
Herscher FFA Alumni Foundation Scholarship - Herscher FFA Alumni and Boosters will fund five $500 scholarships awarded to students involved in the Agriculture Department and FFA. Two scholarships will be awarded to a FFA student with an agriculture major. As well as two scholarships awarded to an FFA student with any major. The one remaining scholarship will be awarded to a college student majoring in an agricultural field. Deadline: March 1.
Marlow Zehr Memorial Scholarship - This $300 scholarship will be awarded to a HHS student who has participated in both HHS music and athletics. Students who qualify will be invited to write a short essay to determine the winner. Deadline: April 1.
Music Boosters Scholarship - Multiple $100 awards are given each year to students within the HHS music department based on their essay applications. Deadline: April 1.
Otto A. and Lucile Wagner Fritz Memorial Scholarship - The $1000 scholarship is awarded to a student based on class rank, character, leadership, citizenship, and financial need. This scholarship is renewable for four years. Deadline: April 1.
Randy Lehnus Vocational Scholarship- Two $500 scholarships are being offered in proud memory of Randy Lehnus to students who are pursuing a vocational/technical field. Deadline: April 1.
Richard Cotter Memorial FFA Presidental Scholarship - FFA membership and officer. No Application. Committee will determine winner.
Senior of the Month - Two $100 awards are offered each month during the school year, one from the Herscher Foundation and the other one from a local bussiness or community member. Deadline: the 5th of the month following the month you are applying for (i.e. October 5th is the deadline for September Senior of the Month)
Sports Fan Scholarship - Four $1000 awards for HHS seniors who demonstrated need, good attitude, academic and athletic excellence. Deadline: April 1.
Stephen Jensen Memorial Scholarship - In proud remembrance of Stephen Jensen, his family is offering a $500 scholarship to a deserving graduating senior who will be pursuing an agriculture related field. Deadline: March 13.
U2CT - Unit 2 Classroom Teachers Memorial Scholarship - A $1000 scholarship will be awarded honoring Unit 2 teachers who have passed away. This scholarship is available for students who will be entering the field of Education. Scholarships will be distributed during the winner's student-teaching experience. Deadline: April 1
U2CT Classroom Teachers Scholarship - 4 $1000 scholarships for Herscher High School seniors who will be continuing their education.
Village of Herscher - Police Department Scholarship - A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a senior who is planning on attending Kankakee Community College in the fall and studying Law Enforcement or Paralegal. Deadline: April 1.
Wisner Scholarship - Approximately $10,000 a year is awarded to multiple winners from the interest on the $120,000 trust fund set up after Mr. Wisner passed away in 1977. Scholarships are based on class rank, grade point average, and primarily character, as judged by a scholarship committee within the school. Deadline: March 28.
Zayla Ann Mitsdarffer - Culinary Arts Scholarship - $2,500 scholarship for a HHS senior who has been accepted into a culinary arts program. Deadline: April 1.
Other Area Scholarships
http://www.workkankakee.org/grants-and-scholarships - Listing of various scholarships in the Kankakee county area.
- Kankakee Community College Scholarships - Students will have access to more than 200 different scholarships through one appication. This application intended ONLY for those who will attend KCC during the 2018-2019 school year. DEADLINE: March 1, 2018
- Kankakee Elks Lodge 627 Most Valuable Student Schoarship - enf.elks.org/mvs - DEADLINE: Nov. 27, 2017
- Soy Capital Bank and Trust - Ethan Allen and Caroline Johnson Scholarship - GPA and Financial Need DEADLINE: Received by March 2, 2018
- John Locke Memorial Scholarship - Varsity Athletes with a B average or above - DEADLINE: March 1, 2018
- Kankakee County 4-H Youth Foundation Scholarship - participated in Kankakee County 4-H DEADLINE: received by April 13, 2018
- Kankakee-Iroquois Educational Office Professionals (KIEOP) Scholarship - business education major or office related field DEADLINE: December 15, 2017
The Illinois Odd Fellow - Rebekah Scholarship - financial need; post-secondary school or vocational/technical school students - Deadline: March 1, 2018
Zonta Club of Kankakee - female/leadership/volunteer DEADLINE: March 2, 2018
CRCA - Chicago Roofing Contractors Association - Engineering, Architecture, or Business Majors with an ACT of 29 or higher. www.crca.org DEADLINE: March 2, 2018
Illinois Federation of Teachers - IFT/AFT Scholarships - various scholarships~ son or daughter of an IFT/AFT member. https://www.ift-aft.org/your-benefits/scholarships
DKG Education Recruitment Grant - female education majors - Deadline: March 1, 2018
List from last school year - 2016-2017 (Applications will be updated as they are received)
- American Legion - Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship - nursing major - DEADLINE: April 10, 2017
- American Legion - Ada Muckelstone Memorial Scholarship - children, grandchildren, or great- grandchildren of veterans - DEADLINE: March 15, 2017
- Illinis PTA Scholarship - unweighted 4.0 on a 5.0 GPA - Education or Education related major DEADLINE: February 15, 2017
- NUCOR Foundation Community Scholarship - engineering or metallurgy majors - DEADLINE: on or before March1, 2017
- Women's Club of Kankakee - Alma Schoth Scholarship - upper 1/4 of the class - DEADLINE: March 31, 2017
- Kiwanis Club of Kankakee Scholarship (informational letter)- Leadership and community service - DEADLINE: April 1, 2017
- Illinois Amvets Scholarships - Illinois AMVETS Service Foundation Scholarship, Illinois AMVETS Junior ROTC Scholarship, Illinois AMVETS Trade School Scholarship, and Illinois AMVETS Sad Sacks Nursing Scholarship DEADLINE: March 1, 2017
- Bourbonnais Friendship Festival - Lee Bradford Scholarship - community service - DEADLINE: April 3, 2017
- Fred Drendel Memorial Scholarship - interest in agriculture and community involvement - DEADLINE: April 15, 2017
- Kankakee County Community Services Inc. - CSBG Scholarship - financial need - DEADLINE: March 31, 2017
- Kankakee Area CAP Scholarship - seniors pursuing a career in science, math, nursing/health care, or technology. DEADLINE: April 1, 2017