Teacher Evaluation Info
Your one stop shop for all things teacher evaluation.
Teacher Appraisal System
Click here to access the PDF, then click this icon on the top right side of your screen to download.
For the Word Document, click here. Follow the same step from above and then if prompted, click "Enable Edit" for optimal viewing.
Besides the addition of student growth, other modifications to this document include:
- the removal of the Individual Growth Plan (IGP)
- a page that outlines formal and informal observations
- updated language regarding the window for formal observations for tenured teachers
- midpoint check procedures for student growth
- the inclusion of an optional lesson plan template that can be used as a form during the formal observation process
- a correction to the necessary procedures involving how many formal observations are required (2) following a “NI” summative rating (the previous version had it as one)
A brief video highlighting these changes can be accessed here. The duration of the video is approximately five minutes.
Student Growth Spreadsheet
Click here to access spreadsheet, then click this icon on the top right side of your screen to download.
This is the Excel spreadsheet that certified staff will use to enter your student growth data. You will submit this data to your evaluator. This spreadsheet has a "General Info" tab for quick reference to all things student growth.
Please note: Failure to complete the student growth portion of one's evaluation will result in an UNSATISFACTORY student growth rating for each year that the student growth process is not completed.
Timeline for Testing:
|TYPE 2 ASSESSMENTS||TYPE 3 ASSESSMENTS|
The pre-test, should be given sometime during the first quarter. The post-test should be given during the second quarter. There should be at minimum, nine-weeks between pre- and post-test.
|Type 3 Assessment should be administered during the first semester. The teacher and the evaluator will communicate on when the unit will take place during the semester.|
Notification by Teacher to Evaluator of Selected Type 2/Type 3 Assessments:
Type 2 - No later than the last day of the first week of school
Type 3 - No later than September 30
Include the following information about each assessment when you notify your evaluator:
Date of Pre?
Duration of instruction?
Date of Post?
Finally, be sure submit growth results to your evaluator.
A brief video highlighting student growth can be accessed here. The duration of the video is also approximately five minutes.